While planning your wedding is a huge deal and your bridesmaids are supposed to help you make the process a whole lot easier, it’s still important to treat them with respect. No one likes dealing with a bridezilla, especially the bridesmaids because they’ll be around her the most throughout the planning process. So, as the bride – what are some guaranteed ways to not push your bridesmaid’s buttons?
5 Ways To Keep The Peace In The Bridal Party
- Watch the travel expenses. By the time you get married, you’re probably out of college – as well as your bridesmaids – therefore, you all probably don’t live close to each other anymore. So, watch with the traveling (i.e. bachelorette party destinations). Of course, going to Vegas seems ideal, but think about it this way – your bridesmaids have already taken time off work, therefore they aren’t getting paid which means they are on a budget. Keep it simple, however simple your bachelorette party plans may be, they’re there to support you and will have fun doing anything for the sake of celebration.
- Watch the price of the bridesmaid dresses. Whether you want to do mix n’ match bridal party attire or all uniform matching, it’s important to come up with a price range they can afford. The best thing you could do is put together an email chain where you can all determine what can be afforded, then if you want to pick the dresses – send them the links for a few that work with your color scheme and their chosen price range.
- Don’t constantly remind them they can’t upstage the bride. They know it’s your big day, and they are well aware that they don’t want to upstage the bride. However, you want your bridesmaids to look good because after all, they’ll be in the wedding photos you’ll have forever. There’s nothing wrong with them getting their hair and make-up done just like you, if anything – you’ll have one good looking bridal party which should ultimately be your goal (besides saying “I do”)
- Don’t judge their plus one. You’ll most likely offer your bridesmaids the opportunity to bring a plus one to your wedding, but make sure you don’t judge them based on who they bring. They could bring one of their friends, or their boyfriend, but regardless of who ends up at your wedding – don’t judge them unless that person unfortunately becomes disruptive (hopefully, that won’t happen).
- Don’t take over their schedule. As we mentioned before, your bridesmaids are probably taking off work to make sure they don’t miss any of the festivities, therefore – don’t work them to the bone. The important thing to remember is that regardless of where you’re getting married, your bridesmaids will be there for you as much as they can. Therefore, give them a list of things they’ll have to attend and work on organizing those within the same week, giving them more time to properly plan.